english websites or blogs
- Route 66 News – daily news and information about the Mother Road
- Driving Route 66 – continuously updated guide to plan your Route 66 trip
- Legends of America – with a Route 66 Special, but a lot more to discover
- Historic Route 66 . com – where Historic Route 66 meets the Internet (since 1994) – of Swa Frantzen and Nadine Pelicaen – very first website about Route 66
- Jim Hinckley’s America – the guy to tell you where to go and what to see
- Jerry McLanahan (McJerry) – his EZ guide is a must, if you drive Route 66
- Route 66 Web & Atlas – many interesting information and maps
- Route 66 – Discover our shared Heritage Travel Itinerary on NPS
- Never Quite Lost – less known historic facts and other interesting information
- Route 66 University – a study guide of the Mother Road with trip planning
- Roamin’ Rich’s Hooked on Route 66 – a road warrior and explorer, who searches out old roads and is looking for their hidden treasures
- Route 66 Times – Ken and Delores Bogren, a couple of happy old people that stumbled on the idea of driving Historic Route 66 when Delores retired in 2009
- unoccupied Route 66 – stories from the Mother Road – Historic Route 66 on DVD by KC Keefer and Nick Gerlich
- On the Road Arizona – Peter Corbett exploring the lost highways of Old Arizona (including many locations on Route 66 Arizona)
- ROUTE Magazine – high quality road travel magazine focused on Route 66 and vintage Americana.
german websites or blogs
- Route 66 Germany – German Route 66 Association, with a detailed website on Route 66 history with tour guide Wolfgang, who also organizes special Route 66 Trips on Harleys
- Historic Route 66 . de – well organized website based on categories, telling you what to see and how to get there
collections of links on other websites
associations in the USA
- Route 66 Association of Illinois – where the road begins
- Route 66 Association of Missouri – the official website
- Oklahoma Route 66 Association
- Old Route 66 Association of Texas … Historic 6th on Route 66 Association
- Route 66 New Mexico Association
- Route 66 Association of Arizona
- California Historic Route 66 Association
maps and guides
- explore the 315 mile museum along California’s Route 66
- TheRoute-66.com – the Complete Online Route-66 Travel Guide (website)
- TheRoute-66 blog – tips and info to plan the best vacations along US 66
radio stations, videos
- Rte66Radio.com – streaming the music of the glory days of Route 66 over the internet directly to your desktop, laptop, iPad and all mobile devices.
Interactive Route 66 map
… with (almost) all locations, attractions, historical places on Google myMaps, continuously updated and FREE to use. Please give credit to Geri Linda Metterle, who’s done all the work to put it together and is still adding new locations and information.
Get the link or embed your card into your website and stay tuned. Every change made on the map, will be shown live on your linked map, too.
Please contact us with details if you know of any missing location, attraction or historical place, so we can add it to the map.