Behind Route 66 Travelers
This blog was created as a nonprofit, non-commercial site to promote Route 66, the locations along the Mother Road, the businesses and attractions but more than anything else the tireless, enthusiastic people preserving a piece of American History (writers, poets, photographers, bloggers, artists, business owners, video or film makers or just vivid enthusiasts) all this in German and/or in English language.
But don’t worry there is a translation button on top of the right hand side menu (Google translate) where you can select your language. The translation is not perfect, but you’ll get the meaning of the content. You just have to overlook some minor grammatical imperfections.
Owners and Managers of Route 66 Travelers
- Geri Linda Metterle – https://www.facebook.com/timetraveler911
- Zwei Waldkraiburger on Tour – https://www.facebook.com/ZweiWonTour
Travel Website with a special Route 66 category
Photo Blog with a special Route 66 category
Route 66 Travelers @66travelers – twitter allows only 15 letters for screen names and Route66Travelers has 16.
- Route 66 Travelers (in German and in English language)
- Route 66 Travelers (Page)
- Route 66 Travelers (very large and active community in English language )
- de Route 66 Travelers (small German Community)
A public map with all Route 66 locations, attractions, businesses and people of the Route 66 Family for you to share and use for FREE.
– owner and creator of the map: Geri Linda Metterle aka TimeTraveler911
Any missing location, business or landmark?
… please send at least the following details via contact form or by email to RT66Travelers (at) gmail (dot) com
- name of the location and the state where it can be found
- what it is: a business, a landmark, an attraction … or something else
- any additional information welcome – including links to articles giving a more detailed description
A dear friend of mine is also very involved with the Mother Road and I would not want to miss Jim Hinckley from Kingman, Arizona in my about section. He has written many books about the Mother Road and his blog is the perfect source of inspiration to back road travel. He’s the guy to tell people where to go since 1990. More about Jim on his website Jim Hinckley’s America
Tags used by Route 66 Travelers on different social media platforms
#Route66Travelers #Route66California #Route66Arizona #Route66NewMexico #Route66Texas #Route66Oklahoma #Route66Kansas #Route66Missouri #Route66Illinois #GetYourKicksonRoute66 #BestofRoute66Travelers #Route66Smiling #GetYourSmilesOnRoute66
… for those who want to know more about me and Route 66 Travelers